Sunday, August 29, 2010

Last day of Summer

Starting classes tomorrow. Illustration methods with Kovach at 8am. Followed by Web Design II with Bennett.
Time to summarize my summer.
Memphis for 11 weeks, for an internship with Resolute Interactive. It was a good experience. I picked up a few new tricks, I felt like I was needed, got some artwork that I can say is out there, made some good connections, ate a ton of pizza. Even get a tablet PC as a gift (still trying to figure out how I can use it.)

You can see what I worked on at garage.appanda.com

On the other hand, I would have liked to work on games, and do more illustration work.
Memphis isn't exactly on my list for places I want to live, considering how it's rich history basically comes from the fact it's such a shit hole, from yellow fever epidemics, Jim Crow laws to it's usual ranking amongst the most dangerous American cities.

Came back to Columbus an a greyhound bus that ran 1.5 hours late. Good thing I didn't have to transfer, or I could have been stuck in some station for 4-5 hours.
I've had a stack of mail waiting in my box, and I knew I had more waiting in the office.
Bad news from the doctor. I thought I was fine when I talked with the nurse in Memphis, but here in Ohio I am told I'm pre-diabetic.
I also have a letter from the IRS saying I owe them money, but I sent a check when I asked for the changes to my forms. I bet that that's going to be a real pleasure.

Tomorrow I need to see if I have a job waiting for me with IT, pay tuition, and see if I can add the internship to my schedule.

Artwork update:
Just a quick digital portrait. Feeling rusty.

Messing with custom brushes.
INTJf: inner beast.
Quick character concept.
Birthday thing for mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment