Progress on the board game.
The resource cards are the first thing I tackled, thinking they would be relatively straight forward, and I tried out a realistic approach, but it didn't feel right.
While researching standard playing card sizes I stumbled on website dealing with their design, and while walking on the beach, I realized it would be a lot more interesting, and fitting for the theme, to make illustrations based on classic face card design.
It's going to be a lot more work, but I think it'll be worth it in the end.
Here are my WIPs
To rest my brain a bit, I switched to some airship silhouettes. The plan is to eventually model these in 3D so they can serve as victory track markers.
In other news, I'm looking into the University of Washington's School of Information Master's of Science in Information Management, as a way of getting myself back into the US, in a gaming hub, and learning something which will hopefully give me enough of an edge to break into the game industry despite my non-immigrant status.