Saturday, February 20, 2010

Razzle Dazzle 'em

Simultaneous contrast, a color concept project that fell victim to the snow day. My favorite for this class (which includes the fall semester) so far, by far.

We were asked to look at an art movement for inspiration. I choose Futurism (and Vorticism) for mine, because like a typical male, I like war machines :)
I had some reference photos I took over the summer which were appropriate.
We also needed to have a mid-value mid-chroma color flowing throughout the piece, and I thought it would be a good idea to make it the green of the camouflage.

When I researched this project I learned that the dazzle pattern I saw painted on WWI ships was actually created by a Vorticist, how cool is that?

 

Another victim of the snow was the styles and concepts portrait project. Our good friend Ahmedinejad.
Oil pastel. Hands bother me a little, but I think it's pretty good overall.


The anonymous model on Wednesday (maybe I should ask for her name?)
Dayna on Friday. Both conté.
Next week we're starting 2 week poses. It's not easy to slowing down, or finding what to noodle with for that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment